It was recently my birthday and I wanted to share some of the beautiful scenes from our special evening together – a tablescape complete with fresh flowers and a stunning view of the city including the Statue of Liberty, with a pink sunset before my closest friends and family arrived.
The table was decorated with brass candlesticks and Fox Fodder Farm’s gorgeous seasonal floral bouquets, in organic shaped pottery in different heights, bringing a feminine, natural beauty to the dinner. Their flagship store is located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and even if you’re not doing an event – they are a sweet spot to pick up fresh flowers to enliven your home.
We sat down to a private menu by Savory at Hudson Yards, sipped Vodka Blood Orange Fizz and Mezcal and Soda Cocktails, with Pomegranate Glazed New Zealand Lamp Chop, Seared Tuna, and Miso Glazed Pork Meatballs for Hors D’Oeuvres before an exquisite dinner with Butter Lettuce Salad, Mustard and Herb Crusted Pork, Tenderloin & Baked Lemon, and Parsley Salmon.
My birthday cake was designed by Lael Cakes, a Brooklyn-based cake company that uses wholesome ingredients and colors cakes with dyes extracted from the natural pigments of fruits and vegetables. These cakes call for times beyond weddings – they are so delightful for any event!
- I chose a long black Missoni dress – I tried on many dresses for the occasion, but this one fit beautifully and Missoni was one of my father’s favorite designers.
- The YSL Fringe Chain Boho Bag is incredibly versatile, to pair with a dress at night or with jeans for a day of shopping.
- My favorite gold linked chain with my initial charm design – both available in the Raquel Garcia Design Shop.
- The heart charm is a classic to pass on to family through the generations – also available in the Raquel Garcia Design Shop.
- An elegant heel with feminine bow ties make this Alexandre Birman design a unique one.
- To add a glow to winter skin, I use Westman Atelier Highligher – it’s soft and natural.
- For lips, I used a bold bright red lip to contrast my black dress. I love the Lip Suede palette from Westman Atelier.
- For eyes, I use Charlotte Tilbury’s Luxury Palette – with a combo of matte and shimmery neutrals.
- I wore a scent I love right now – Sandalo Patchouli Perfume – a small batch of patchouli and sandalwood, artisanal perfume made in Mexico.